BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS

Wednesday 28 October 2009

Bitches need not apply



Be honest
Not with me
But yourself
Speak truthfully
Understand
That game you play
With subtle smile
And glossy eyes
Why do you compete
With me?
Because of him?
That helped create
This crass display


Don’t hold my hand
And laugh with me
Finding false alliance
With my plights
They weren’t there
For you to use now
Our friendships
Lost its sight
Why when
You turn away
You look at me with disbelief
With my response
Now do I seem impolite?


I once held you
Like my child
My sister
My lover
As I would hold myself
Your turning face
Makes me cold
Your emptiness
From what we once had
Now makes you
Feel more established
Your stolen confidence
Makes you bold
Or so you’re told

You are a woman
And as a woman
You should stand by me
And never falter
From the love you
You should naturally
Hold for me
You are a woman
And you should
Lay down your life
In order to protect me
We should stand as us
And not alone
It should never
Be just me
For as women
We are we…